18-2-1997, cook: Rop Haverkort
- Starter: Sate sticks with shrimps: For each stick about 12 medium sized
raw shrimps were used. The sticks were marinaded in a mixture of oil, mustard
and pepper. After that they were fried for 5/6 minutes in oil.
- Main dish: Seawolf with rice: The seawolve was sprinkeled with orange juice.
After half an our it was fried in oil 15 minutes for each side. It was
accompanied by nasi, i.e. rice with some vegetables, pieces of saucage
- Wine: White Torrequercie, Orvietto Classico 1994, Italy
- Desert: Yoghurt with peaches and Amaretto.
- 18-3-1997, cook: Arjen van der Schaaf (Introduction meal)
- Starter: Smoked mackerel with pepper, avocado, tomato, sour cream and Turkish
|| Main dish: Ovendish with sea trout on a bed of wild spinach and complete
pieces garlic, covered by baken oister mushrooms and chestnut mushrooms,
suffused with olive oil, lemon and black pepper. |
- Wine: Chianti 1995
- Desert: Chocolad cream ice with bitter cookies (or a Mango)
Arjen, just after he heard that he was accepted as a
full member of the weird fishes club.
- 15-4-1997, cook: Jos van Maarseveen
- Starter: Telo with tri: fried cassave strips (telo) with small fried fish
(tri) spiced with shrimp paste and peppers.
|| Jos van M. showing the main course: Kwikwi with rice. The kwikwi (armored catfish) were baked
a few minutes in oil, then cooked until tender in a sauce made from fried
onions, garlic, tomatoes and seasoning |
- Side dish: Cucumber salad with mixed pickles
- Desert: "Kabinet"pudding: pudding filled with raisins, sucade and some
||Stewed Kwi-kwi |
13-5-1997, cook: Jos van Deemter
- Aperative: Salmon pate and squid with Muscadet wine (1995)
- Starter: Avocado, Swedish Kaviar with dill, smoked cheese, salmon pate
- Main dish: Portuguese bacalhao with potatoes, tomatoes, onions, garlic,
parsley and of course lots of olive oil
- Desert: Ice cream with chocolate and/or fresh strawberries
3-7-1997, cook: Rop Haverkort
- Unfortunately, the ravages of time prevent to reveal the exact menu of
this meeting. Nevertheless, we will not withhold the reader the information
that one of the dishes was a sardines salad, another was an ovendish with
sardines stewed in tomatoe sauce, and as desert a children's pudding was
21-3-1999, cook: Jos van Deemter
- Starter: Shrimp cocktail in whiskey sauce
- First dish: Red purnard in nuts sauce
- Second dish: Fried slices of shark, sprinkled with dill.
- Side dish: Fried thin slices of tuna steak
- Desert: Icecream with fruit sirup
- Wine: Muscadet wine
20-6-1999, cook: Jos van Maarseveen
- Aperative: Toast with different kinds of cheese
- Starter: ...soup
- First dish: grilled gambon in olive oil and garlic
- Second dish: Fish croquettes with spinach
- Third dish: Terrine of red purnard
- Desert: Kabinet pudding
- Wine: Muscadet wine and ...
- 11-9-1999, cook: Arjen van der Schaaf
- Apperative: White wine
- Starter: cream cheese, onion and dill rolled in smoked salmon
- First dish: Japanese nori filled with rice, tuna fish, crab, cod-fish in
sweet-and-sour honey sauce and soja sauce.
- Second dish: Oven dish of red-perch, dill, tomatoes and lemon with French
- Desert: Handcraft desert (in Dutch: Knutseltoetje) consisting of the Dutch
"hopjesvla", banana, beaten cream, vanilla yoghurt and scumb batons.
- After diner: Coffee with mint chocolates.
- 19-12-1999, cook: Nardo Lacle (Introduction meal)
- Apperative: Fish-shaped toasts with gorgonzola cheese
- Starter: Smoked salmon with baken courgette, poached in fruity white wine,
served with penne.
- Main dish: Grilled slices of fresh tuna fish, spreaded with olive oil,
and batatas bravas.
- Side dish: Greek/Italian country salad
- Desert: Cuaracaoian Quesillo
- Wine: Argentinian Torrontes from Mendoza 1999 (Bodega Jacques y Francois
||Nardo, during his introduction meal
using his charm and grilled tuna fish to convince the full
members of his cooking competence. |
- 20-2-2000, cook: Annemiek van de Riet (Introduction meal)
- Apperative: Black bread with raw herring, toasts with Danish Blue cheese
and green olives
- Starter: Thai Fishcookies (based on codfish)
- Main dish: Two codfish pies: Bacalhao Espiritual and Tarte de Bacalhao
- Side dish: Fried anchovy, smashed potatoes, carrots and cucumber salad
- Desert: Icecream with bananas, kiwi and colored candy
- Wine: La Bouverie, Vin du Rhone, 1996 and Chardonnay, Roumanie, 1997.
- 9-4-2000, cook: Rachel Sordam (Introduction meal)
(Unfortunately, parts of the menu have been forgotten, so that only fragments
of the dishes can be revealed.)
- Starter: Fish soup made from burbot
- Main dish: Filleted Norway haddock with tapenade
- Noodles with spinach and pine-tree seeds
- Salad of iceberg lettuce and pepperoni
- 13-8-2000, cook: Jos van Deemter
- Apperative: Portuguese Vinho Verde with toast, cheese, filet americain, green olives, etc.
- Starter: Cod fish terrine with salad of lettuce, paprika, tomatos, olives and feta
- Main dish: Stewed carp on a bed of onions, parsley, and laurel leafs,
suffused with Red whine and tomato sauce
- Side dish: Grilled Denton on the BBQ, and spaghetti
- Desert: A jelly of fresh mangos, peaches and beaten cream
- Wine: Vinho Verde, Pinot Blanc - Vin d'Alsace, and ... .
- 7-10-2000, cook: Esther Kruijer (Introduction meal)
- Aperative: Fried shrimps and several snacks
- Starter: Steamed plaice rolls with nuts and mustard sauce
- Main dish: Risotto with "fruit de la mer" and glazed carrots
- Side dish: Fresh tuna salad
- Desert: Apple cake with cinnamon icecream
- Wines: The only thing we can remember of the wines is that they were white wines.
- 17-12-2000, cook: Jos van Maarseveen
menu: "Variations on a theme of sparling"
- Apperative: Tortilla crisps with bagna cauda, inlayed sardines, several cheeses, fried sparling, tuna cookies.
- Starter: Aspic with sparling
- First dish: Shrimps in a basket, accompanied by fried sparling on a bed of grape leaves
- Second dish: poached salmon with dill mayonaise, nero di seppia with ham and spawn sauce, and salad of the house
- Desert: Pastel de manzana
- Wine: The wines which have been consumed during this occasion are not public for the internet.
- 10-2-2001, cook: Arjen van der Schaaf
- Amuses: Several cheeses, garlic olives, blocks of salmon in avocado mousse, cherry tomatoes
- Starter: Slip sole in mustard-cream sauce, green salad with feta
- Main dish: Fish soup from Provence with salmon filet, cod filet, tilapia filet and shrimps,
and fresh baken bread with herbs butter.
- Desert: Apple cookies with icecream
- Wines: white, we think...
- 13-5-2001, cook: Nardo Lacle
menu: "In the gardens of the WFC"
- Aperative: Toasts in abstract fish shapes, with anchovy of the house, Battine blanc,
Blue Stilton, Asparageus pate and Chevre Bellay
- Starter: mussel pies
- Main dish: Gambas with Mulas in Indian curry; Palao, indian saffro rice;
Mughlai Sag, spinach in indian curry
- Desert: Orange cake and Cantucci
- Wines: Hermanos Lurton 1999 Rueda, Spain (with starter), Castell del Remei, Gotim Bru,
1996, Spain (with Main dish), Samos, Vin Doux, 1999, Greece (with desert)
- 5-8-2001, cook: Jos van Deemter
menu: "A Portugal special with a wink at Sweden"
- Anti-aperative: Swedish Surströmming with Swedish Knackebröt,
accompanied by Deempies Firewater
||Distribution of the Surströmming |
|Reactions while tasting Surströmming |
- Aperative: Crackers with various French cheeses, accompanied by a
Vin liquoreux, Bordeaux, Landiras 2000
- Starter: Stuffed sardines (with raisins, pine-tree seeds and anchovy)
and grilled Peix Espada, accompanied by a Don Matias 1997, Gran Vino Argentina
- First main dish: Red Purnard marinated in lemon juice with herbs
and wrapped in raw ham
- Second main dish: Cataplana, accompanied by a Chenin Blanc, Kaapse Hoop 2000
- Desert: Flan a l'Orange, or Orange cream
- 13-10-2001, cook: Rachel Sordam
- Foreign cheeses and several small snacks with a fish accent
- Fish ragout with Cod-fish, Sole and Red Perch in St. Jacobs shells +
fried "tri" with parsley butter
- Crunchy Massalatilapia, stewed Kwi-kwi, yellow rics-pilaf
and black-eyed pea with dried shrimps, accompanied by a Savignon de Touraine
- Fried apple with ice cream
||Fried apple with ice cream |
- 12-1-2002, cook: Esther Kruijer
- 16-3-2002, cook: Jos van Maarseveen
- Several cheeses, Taramasalata, fried tri, raw sardines ("rich man's Surströmming"),
wine: Peza Mantiko & Bourgogne
- Stuffed squid
- Lasagne with sea devil, shark, codfish, sun fish (?) and crayfish
- Tuna spit with a fresh salad and fried vegetables, Wine: Vino Verde & Blanc de blancs
- "Goodbye to the winter icecream"
- 1-6-2002, cook: Hidde van Deemter (with some assistance)
menu: "Op een zwoele namiddag in het oosten des lands"
- Aperatief: Diverse kazen, toasts en snacks + Hollandse Nieuwe.
Wijn: Riesling Hochgewächs 2000
- 1e voorgerecht: Iglo vissticks van Hidde
||Two Iglo visticks just before being caught by Captain Iglo |
- 2e voorgerecht: Vissoep met o.a. witvisfilet, garnalen en bacon
- 1e hoofdgerecht: Sardines en Bsugo op de BBQ, vergezeld met Caesar' Salad.
Wijn: Don Matias, Fran Vino Argentina 1997
- 2e hoofdgerecht: Hyderabadi-vis
- Desert: Tarte de Natas
- 27-7-2002, cook: Nardo Lacle
menu: to be submitted?
- 17-11-2002, cook: Arjen van der Schaaf
menu: to be submitted?
- 4-1-2003, cook: Rachel Sordam
menu: to be submitted?
- 23-3-2003, cook: Annemiek van de Riet
- Aperatief: Borrel van het huis
- Starters: Noten-mix, toasts met kazen en gerookte forel, zure haring op roggebrood
- Tappas: Gemarineerde ansjovis, Gefrituurde ansjovis
- Main dish: Zalm Kulebjaka (zalm pie)
- Desert: Mele al Forno (gevulde gebraden appels met ijs en Calvados)
- Koffie met chocola en borrel